I've forgotten my password. Where do I go to reset my password?
If you have forgotten your password please go to the sign in page and click on the ‘Forgotten your Password?’ link and follow the instructions given.
Do I have to create an account to place my order?
The easy answer is no. Although if you did want to create an account with Smash Crab you will be able to take advantage of the following benefits;
- You will be able to create a Wishlist and save prints you love so you can keep track of the ones that may like to purchase in the future;
- You will be able to manage and view your order history, account details and see your order status;
- You will be able to request an exchange or return from your account and
- You will also be able to save your address details so when you visit again your account will recognise you and your delivery address, less hassle and an easier checking out experience.
How do I find artwork?
If you know what you are after but cannot locate it, you can try either of the following ways to find that perfect art piece;
- Using the Search tool button (top right on the Smash Crab website)
- You are able to browse our menus: Collections, Art Style, Artists, New Arrivals and Popular.
- If you need a little inspiration when deciding on the right art for you, pop over to our Instagram page Smash Crab on Instagram.
Do you having a framing service?
Yes we do! You have the option of purchasing your artwork unframed or framed. We use sustainably sourced wood for our frames and we are lucky to partner with a professional framer who has been in the framing business for over two decades. Our framing service offers three popular finishes; matte black, matte white and a natural timber finish. The benefit of ordering our frames is that they are a fraction of the cost of a traditional framer, with the quality and craftsmanship of a qualified and experienced framer.
How do I place an order?
If you have found the perfect art print you can click the artwork to view the details of that print, then;
- Select the size you want to order - be sure to check out the size guide below the art print description if you are unsure
- Select whether you require framing (matte black, matte white or natural timber frame) or whether you wish for an unframed print
- Then select the ‘Add to Cart’ button
- When you click on the Cart button (top right of the screen) you will be taken to the contents of your cart
- You can change quantities or remove prints you have added to your shopping cart
- You can see the costs for each item you have added to your cart and the total cost
- When you are happy with your selections in your cart you can proceed to the shipping and secure check out pages to finalise your order
Do you have a physical store?
We are an online store only. Being a purely online retailer we can offer you more benefits and savings, we have lower overheads and can provide our customers with more nimble customer service and provide a wider selection of overseas art collections by your favourite artists at an affordable price.
Do you sell gift cards?
Yes we do. Click here to view our Gift Card page.
Can I laybuy a print?
Yes you can, we have partnered with Laybuy so you can buy now and pay later. Once you have added your art prints to your shopping cart, go to the check out page and once you have finalised your shipping details you can choose your method of payment, and select the Laybuy option.
I have placed my order, what happens next?
Great! We will send an email to you confirming we have received your order
- When your order has been dispatched we will send you a second email confirming this, along with a tracking number
- If you need to track your order you will be able to do this once your order has been dispatched here https://www.courierpost.co.nz/track/track-and-trace/.
- Then one of our Courier Post couriers will deliver your print to your door
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept the following payment methods;
- Google Pay
- American Express
- Apple Pay
- Shop Pay
How do I pay for my Print/s?
Once you have finished shopping and your ready to pay for your items click on the cart icon at the top right of the page and click on the checkout button and this will take you through to our secure checkout.
- This page will provide you with a summary of the items you have added to your cart. Here you can remove items and change quantities. Once you are happy with your cart items, you will be asked to enter you contact details as well as your shipping address. Once you have filled in your contact details and shipping address you will need to click ‘Continue to Shipping Method’ to go to the next check out page.
- On the second check out page you will be asked to select your preferred shipping method. When you have identified your shipping method and selected this, you will click the ‘Continue to Payment Method’ to proceed to the next page.
- On the final checkout page you will be asked to select your payment method. On here you can enter your credit/debit card, Laybuy details on this page and once completed click the ‘Complete Order’ button.
- Once you have completed the final checkout page you will be taken to the order confirmation page where you will see the confirmation that your order has been received by us and your payment has been successful.
How secure is my credit/debit card information?
We here at Smash Crab want you to have a great experience with us, and it is important to us that you feel safe and secure when providing any personal information within our store.
Smash Crab uses Shopify for our checkout system. Shopify provides us with a very robust system that meets industry standards using the latest SSL encryption technology to store and safely process your information through our website. Smash Crabs checkout system includes a SSL certificate that uses industry standard 128 bit encryption technology to ensure your information is kept secure. Here at Smash Crab we do not have access to your credit/debit card information as all card payments are processed by Paypal - who are the world’s most popular payment gateway and who are world leaders in anti-fraud technology and online security.
Is all the information I provide you kept private?
We may use some of the information you provide us with; for example: email address, to email you the new arrivals to our store, or some of the best sellers on offer in a particular month, or prints that have gone on clearance. However if you do not wish to receive these emails, not a problem, just click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of one email you receive and you will immediately be removed for our email mailing list.
Your personal information is considered private, we will not share or sell your information at any point.
How much will my shipping cost?
- If your order is over $150 you will receive FREE shipping.
- If your order is under $150 your print/s are shipping to you at a flat rate of $8.
How will my art print be sent to me?
We take special care when packaging your prints ready for shipment, to ensure they arrive to you in pristine condition. We carefully surround each print in acid free tissue paper and ship your unframed prints in heavy duty mailing tubes. For framed artwork we take extreme care as we use glass not perspex in our frames. Your framed artwork has thick cardboard barriers either side of the frame, then commercial bubble wrap and then packaging cardboard to ensure it is protected whilst in transit to you.
Do you ship to PO Boxes?
Like a lot of online businesses we are unable to deliver to PO Boxes.
Can I track my print order?
Yes of course, when you receive you dispatch confirmation email from us along with your tracking number, you are able to track your order 24 hours a day on the Courier Post website here https://www.courierpost.co.nz/track/track-and-trace/.
Are my prints insured during transit to me?
Absolutely, all our prints are insured against accidental damage whilst in transit from Smash Crab to your shipping address. When you order has arrived at your delivery address, then your order is no longer covered by insurance.
How long will my print/s take to arrive?
It's important to us that you not only have a great shopping experience with us, but that you receive your order quickly, so you can hang them on your walls as soon as possible. When your payment confirmation has been received your prints will be dispatched within a 48 hour period (orders received after midday on Friday will be dispatched on the following Monday). If we identify a delay for any reason, we will contact you and explain the delay and when to expect your order to be dispatched.
You can expect to receive your order between 2 - 5 business days after you have placed your order. If you are in a rural residence it may take longer than this to deliver your purchase.
Can I pick up my print/s?
No, sorry, we do not have a physical store, Smash Crab is online only.
My art print/s haven’t arrived. What should I do?
In the unlikely event your print/s do not arrive within the timeframes outlined above please contact Courier Post with your tracking number https://www.courierpost.co.nz/track/track-and-trace/.
If for some reason they are unable to help you then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us 0800 278 774 and provide us with your tracking number and any order details you have on hand.
What if the art print I purchased isn’t right, or doesn’t suit my space?
If the artwork that you have chosen isn’t quite right or it doesn’t suit your space, that is fine. We know this happens from time to time. Provided you return the print back to us in its original conditions within 30 days of you receiving it, we are happy to offer you a store credit, exchange or a refund.
Do you offer free return shipping on art prints?
If you are after a full refund for your art print, you will need to cover the shipping cost of returning your print to us. If however you would like to exchange your print for another print of equal or greater value or if you would like store credit, we will pay for the cost of returning your print order to us.
My print has arrived damaged. What should I do now?If your order has been damaged whilst in transit we will of course replace this item with no additional cost to you. If replacement is not possible, we will provide you a full refund of the purchase price.
How do I return an item?
Please email us at email@example.com and provide us with your order number and let us know you would like to return your print.
We will provide you our return address and instructions on how return to your print to us. We recommend you use the original packaging to ensure your print arrives safely back to us to reduce the risk of any damage occurring to the print during transit. We also recommend that you use a courier service that provides tracking. As Smash Crab is not liable for prints that go missing or are damaged in the process of being returned.
Can I return a clearance print?
Our clearance prints are non refundable, however we will accept clearance items back for an exchange of equal or greater value or an online store credit.
Will I be refunded the full value of my order?
We will refund the purchase price of prints returned to us in their original condition, excluding the original shipping costs. Once we receive the returned print we will process the refund that day, this process can take up to 8 business days to show in your bank account.
Get in Touch
Please remember we are here to help, so if you get stuck or need to speak to us, we have friendly staff ready to help you. You can contact us by phone, email, facebook and our contact page which is here.
Free Phone: 0800 278 774
Facebook: Smash Crab Facebook Page